Bsombin' Los Angeles

Bsombin' Los Angeles
Bsombin' Los Angeles

Monday, August 27, 2012

"Green June Beetles in August Figs"

Hello world! ...I've been hanging out by the pool a lot, this Summer, & so have the Green June beetles. I have been observing, photographing, & studying, them because of their beautiful green iridescent exoskeletons. ...I went to pick a fig off the tree, the other day, and I found this guy diggin' in to a nice big juicy fig. He was so busy gettin' his grub on, he didn't even notice me, when I found him. I took the opportunity to grab my camera & capture some images of him eating. Here is one of the better shots, which I edited in Photoshop... I thought it was funny, because it looks more like the fig is eating the beetle, than the beetle eating the fig!

No comments:

Post a Comment