Bsombin' Los Angeles

Bsombin' Los Angeles
Bsombin' Los Angeles

Friday, May 7, 2010

A night in Down Town L.A.

I displayed some art last night, at the Bordello, in Down Town L.A. A cool little spot on 1st street, off of Alameda.



The club was kind of dark, for an art show, but I got a great spot for 2 of the 4 canvases I displayed. I was tripping out on all the decor and lighting. It made me wish I had a better camera. Whoever decorated the place did an amazing job. Even the cash register, behind the bar, was cool.






There were a few different performances, through out the night, to keep things interesting. A couple of bands played, but the most popular performance, of the night, was the burlesque show. ...As if all the naked women at work weren't enough. Lol.


Nothing sold, but connections were made, and good times were had. Made some new friends & got to spend some time with my good friend Marissa who came through to show support. Got a few more shows this month, so far, and I'll have some work in a gallery in Down Town soon (with a reception during next weeks L.A. art walk), so there will be more opportunities to make some sales. Till then, I'll be on my grind!...

No comments:

Post a Comment