Bsombin' Los Angeles

Bsombin' Los Angeles
Bsombin' Los Angeles

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Election day!

Today(11/2/2010) I taught my daughter how easy it is to vote, and why it is important to do so. After work/school, we took a walk up the street to our local pole place, checked in, and got "our" ballot. We stood in line for a little while. It was just long enough for me to explain that we were there to help choose our new government officials, since their turn in office was over, and to help decide what new laws will be made. I told her that by voting we were doing our part to help pass laws that would hopefully help make our cities and state better. After a few minutes, we went up and filled out "our" ballot, and turned it in. To my surprise, my daughter was very excited and enthusiastic about the whole process. ...Especially when she got a sticker at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment