Bsombin' Los Angeles

Bsombin' Los Angeles
Bsombin' Los Angeles

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Writing with light

Thanks for stoppin' by to check out my blog! As an artist, I am always looking for new ways to create and express myself. For this reason, I love to explore the infinite possibilities presented by mixing different artist's mediums. I also try to incorporate different media, like photo and video, into my work when ever I can. So it occurred to me to try mixing my calligraphy art with slow/long exposure photography to create some glowing letters! My assistant had to go to bed, since it was a school night. So, I had to move quick and think fast, being both the shooter and the light painter. These "B's" are from the first night's batch of illuminated handstyles. It took a few fails before figuring it out, and I still need a lot more practice, but these are the 2 best shots out of about 20 attempts. I had the shutter open for 25sec., to give me enough time to click the shutter, run in front to the camera, & write. And, my ISO was at 400 with the F at 4, in case anyone is wondering. I think the letters would have come out better if I would have had someone to click the shutter for me. But, considering I was solo, I think they came out good enough to share. My assistant was on Spring break this past week, so we managed to find a little time for a father-daughter-light-painting session in which I introduced her to steel wool. I also learned how to spin an orb! So I will be posting those pics soon, and will tell you how I created them, so don't forget to check back soon for more Bsombin'!


No comments:

Post a Comment