Bsombin' Los Angeles

Bsombin' Los Angeles
Bsombin' Los Angeles

Monday, May 30, 2016

Portraits Of My Illuminated Ninja & I

So, pretty much, everything I am going to be posting for the next few months is me playing catch up and teacher. I'll be sharing all the adventures I've been on over the past year, and teaching tutorials on light painting and long exposure photography...

To start things off, I'll share the beginnings of my portrait photography. It took me a while to develop an interest in portrait photography. Actually, I first started shooting people for ILUMN8 Co. adds and promotional material. Funny enough, since I was shy about shooting people and didn't know who to ask to model, I turned out to be my first model. I set everything up, jumped in front of the camera with my silver mask on, and had my little ninja click the shutter for me after I set off the smoke bomb. Lol. My modeling debut was a success, though. I got a lot of good feedback from ILUMN8 and the images got ILUMN8 a good amount of attention. One of the pictures even made it onto the ILUMN8 Co. website!



I decided to have the little ninja be my next model, since I wasn't entirely comfortable with the idea of trying to direct a model or sure of how I was going to do it. I opted to have her dawn the silver mask that I wore in my shoot, to go along with the images we shot of me. The experience proved to be good practice and helped me realize how much I needed to work on my "directing" skills. Still, I think we managed to get some decent shots. And we had a lot of fun shooting and acting silly, in the process.

Below are my 4 favorite shots... So, now,  you can monitor the progress of my portrait photography from it's infancy. Lol. Hope you enjoy. Thanks for checkin' out the Bsombin' blog and check back soon for more Bsombin'!







No comments:

Post a Comment