Bsombin' Los Angeles

Bsombin' Los Angeles
Bsombin' Los Angeles

Monday, June 7, 2010

"The Queen of Hearts"



I showed this painting, back in February, at an art show. During the show I decided that the painting wasn't done. Something wasn't right, but I wasn't sure what. After a few months of putting off going back to it, I finished the painting tonight. And just in time, too. ...Since I started trying to get my art in shows, this year, two of my goals have been to get work in a gallery and in the L.A. Art walk. This coming Thursday, I will be doing both! "The Queen..." will be going to a gallery in Down Town, tomorrow, to hang for the reception during Thursday night's Art walk! It took a while, and a bit of work & persistence, to start getting my art in shows (and now my first gallery!). But through the failures, & lessons learned, I kept in mind a quote from Benjamin Franklin... "Energy and persistence conquer all things." As long as we don't get in your own way, with doubts; worries; and fears, we can accomplish anything we put our minds to!

No comments:

Post a Comment