Bsombin' Los Angeles

Bsombin' Los Angeles
Bsombin' Los Angeles

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The shows must go on...

This past weekend was Father's Day, and once again I found myself stretched thin to try and get everything done... After a long week of the 9-5 grind, I started Saturday off working a company picnic. Up at 6AM on Sat., and in Valencia by 7:30, to cater a company picnic for 400 people. Afterwards, I made a mad dash home to prep for an art show. A few hours later I arrived at Circus Disco, with a few friends, to set up for an art show/club night. My friend Mehdi was also showing at Circus, so it made for a good night of art; music; & friends, since we had a lot of mutual friends show up. ...Good times!




 Father's day was spent with my princess... To me, being a Dad is a privilege. I am blessed to have a child as wonderful as mine. But, being a good parent means giving up a lot of what I want to do in order to be who I need to be for my little princess. It isn't always easy to put aside what I want in order to provide what my daughter needs, but things are always a little easier on Father's Day. Between the gift's, food, and shows of love that I got yesterday, I was overwhelmed. I had to pretend my allergies (which I don't even have) were acting up, since my little one kept putting puddles in my eyes. I can't say enough about how much my little girl means to me, but I can say that I wouldn't be who I am if it wasn't for her. Fatherhood has given my life passion, purpose, direction, & meaning. It has probably saved my life too. So on Father's day I am the happiest, and most thankful, of men!

After a happy Father's day, I had another art show... This time at 'The Airliner", in Lincoln Heights. I was able to get a few friend in the show with me, so Mold & Mehdi both showed some pieces, too. Through out the night I listened to a lot of good music, made some new friends, and had some laughs with old friends. I also met a talented artist named Nikki Mull. One of her pieces is below, and you can see more at www.nikkimull.com. 





No comments:

Post a Comment