Bsombin' Los Angeles

Bsombin' Los Angeles
Bsombin' Los Angeles

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day to all the dads, soon to be dads, & single moms doin' their baby's daddy's work!!

Thanks for checkin' out Bsombin'! Today is Father's Day. The day I look back on my life to reflect on all the wonderful blessing that being a dad has brought me. When God gave me a seed to raise, he gave me purpose, motivation, inspiration, strength, courage, & wisdom that I never knew before. He gave me a little friend to help understand life & this crazy world we live in. Just as much as he gave her to me to teach & guide, he gave her to me to learn from & be lead by. He helped me to see what I am capable of, & what I can do, in order to be a better person (&, in doing so, a better parent), because he put a profound love in my heart, that I can't explain with all the words in the world, that made me want to be the best example I could be for my little angle. It is a very happy day for me, being able to celebrate the joys of having a child. ...recently, I have had a lot of friends tell me that they are expecting little ones of their own. So this Father's Day, I want to share a poem I wrote in anticipation of being a dad. I hope you enjoy & check back soon for more bsombin'! 


"Father-to-be"

To my first born...

As I wait for you,
With a thankful heart
Which races on thoughts of
Knowing it's new heir &
Purpose, 
A silent storm stirs my soul...

The air of anxious joy, 
& new found love,
Excite the ocean of emotions,
While they open the 
Gates of existence to 
Change

My mind grows wings of 
Love, & faith,
& flies like a Phoenix 
Towards an optimistic sky,
While I exhaust the 
Possibilities of 
Who, what, when, where, why, how, how long, & what if...

Meanwhile...

Blessed eyes
Gaze at the 
Swelling seed that will be
brought forth by the 
Budding Flower 
I love,
Eager to know the 
Farthest reaches & 
Full extent of 
A beautiful vision


-Bsomb4

No comments:

Post a Comment