Bsombin' Los Angeles

Bsombin' Los Angeles
Bsombin' Los Angeles

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

A Night On The Sunset Strip

   
Thanks for checkin' out Bsombin'! A couple of months ago, the kid asked if she could go to a show at the Roxy Theater. I thought it was funny having my teenager ask me if she could go out and party on the Sunset Strip with her friends. I asked her who would be driving and she said she wanted me to take them. Surprisingly, she even invited me to go. I think that was just her strategy for getting me to say yes. But I didn't want to be a creepy old guy at a concert full of teenage girls. Instead, I told her that I would just drop them off and pick them up after the show.

When the night of the show finally came around, I decided to save myself some driving time and shoot along the Sunset Strip while the girls went to the show. After walking them to the Roxy, I headed down the strip to Holloway Dr. to get some architecture and light trail shots.

Theres an interesting building with a unique architectural design, at the intersection of Sunset and Holloway. Sunset Blvd. twists on an incline there, too. I wanted to get some up shots of the architecture and I thought the twisting incline in the street would produce some interesting light trails.  It was just a quick 5 minute walk from the Roxy to Holloway. After getting some architecture shots, I set up in front of the news stand and started shooting light trails. In the process, it occurred to me to get the remote control out and make a time lapse video as well... I got so into it, I completely lost track of time. I was amazed by how fast 2 hours went by. But before I knew it, the kid called to tell me the show was over and they were ready to go home.

It made for a great night. The girls had a great time at the show and I got a lot of shots I liked and was able to make a nice time lapse video out of. Here are some of my favorite shots from my night out on the Strip, along with the time lapse that I assembled and edited...


























              

Thanks again for checkin' out the blog! Check back soon for more Bsombin' photos, videos, poems, paintings, and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment