Bsombin' Los Angeles

Bsombin' Los Angeles
Bsombin' Los Angeles

Friday, May 24, 2019

Dragons In Chinatown

Thanks for checkin' out Bsombin'! It's amazing how fast time passes. Especially when it comes to watching kids grow up. It's funny how time gets compressed in our minds and how years can feel like weeks (or even days) sometimes. It doesn't feel like it's been more than a couple of months since I used to drop my little girl off at pre-school. I have a hard time processing the fact that my kid is getting ready to go off to college next year!

A couple of weeks ago the kid went to prom. One of the other kids' parents drove them to prom. So I offered to pick them up after prom. I decided to get some shooting in, while I waited to pick the kids up, and headed over to Chinatown to get some light trail shots. I am working on collecting shots of light trails around the city's landmarks and monuments. So I set up by the Gates to Chinatown. The structure stretches over Broadway and has two dragons facing off above the street . The Dragons are lit up at night and their eyes glow as they stare one another down. They also release a mist from their mouths that looks like smoke, periodically through out the night. I wanted to get some bus light trails traveling under the sign and worked my way up and down the street to get shots of light trails coming in and out from both sides. I wanted to hit s few spots before picking up the kids. But I lost track of time while chasing buses to get as many angles of the light trails as I could. Before I knew it, it was time to pick the kids up. I actually managed to control myself, though, and not over shoot, for a change. So picking some favorites to share was easy this time...













I hope you enjoyed the light trails, thanks for checkin' out Bsombin'. Please check back soon for more stories, pics, poems, and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment