Bsombin' Los Angeles

Bsombin' Los Angeles
Bsombin' Los Angeles

Monday, May 13, 2019

Van Nuys Cruise Night

Car enthusiasts from all over Souther California have been coming to Van Nuys Blvd, to cruise and display their vintage and custom cars, trucks, vans, and motorcycles since the 50's. Over the years a lot has changed. But one thing stays the same... A love for automobiles that brings people from all walks of life together to enjoy the night. I recently went to a cruise night and took the camera along to shoot all the cars. I got lucky and happened to go on one of the best turn outs in years. As soon as I got to Van Nuys Blvd, I started seeing lowriders driving up and down the street. Van Nuys was alive and had a positive energy in the air. All kinds of old restored classic cars and lowriders were parked along a half mile stretch of the Blvd, on both sides of the street. And the sidewalks were full of people walking around checking out the rides, socializing, and taking pictures. I took my time walking up and down the street, shooting the cars and talking to the owners, while watching the cars parade by. As the cars cruised up and down the Blvd., many of them started hittin' their hydraulics. Some of them went up on three wheels and others bounced their front ends, while cruisin'. Some even dragged their frame and lit up the Blvd. with sparks while driving down the street. It was a great time meeting people and shooting the cars. I even saw some celebrities that night. It took a lot of restraint to not shoot every car there, since there were so many amazing vehicles lined up. But, even though I only shot a fraction of the cars that were there, I still took a lot of picture. I wanted to share a few of my favorites. But I couldn't pick just a few. So I'm sharing a lot of my favorites...

























































Follow @vannuyscruisenight (on Instagram), if you want to see more classic cars and find out when the next cruise night will be held. Thanks for checkin' out Bsombin'! Check back soon for more photography, poetry, art, stories, and more!


No comments:

Post a Comment