Bsombin' Los Angeles

Bsombin' Los Angeles
Bsombin' Los Angeles

Thursday, June 6, 2019

Vasquez Rocks

I updated Bsombin.com earlier this week. After thinking it over for a while, I decided to remove the watermark from all the images on the site. I want the images to be able to make their full impact on the viewer, without anything taking attention away from the content of the images. I just don't want my viewers being distracted by a logo anymore. So no more logos on the site images. The same goes for the images on this blog. I stopped adding watermarks to images a few posts back. The logo will basically be for marketing and merchandising, moving forward. I got out some pictures I took at Vasquez Rocks a few years back, while fixing the images on the site. It's Thursday (the day for throwbacks). So I figured it'd be a good day to share some of them.

My brother Jefroe and I got up early one morning to go catch the sunrise at the rocks. It's a beautiful park and nature area with some amazing rock formations. It's located about 45 minutes north of downtown Los Angeles and has been used in several commercials, TV shows, and movies. It got it's name in the late 1800 from one of California's most notorious bandits named Tiburcio Vasquez, after he used the rocks to avoid being captured be law enforcement. It's a great place to visit, if you enjoy hiking and the outdoors. And the scenery makes for some great photos...









No comments:

Post a Comment