Bsombin' Los Angeles

Bsombin' Los Angeles
Bsombin' Los Angeles

Friday, August 27, 2021

Michelangelo At The Crystal Cathedral (10-02-19) - Part 4

I've been sharing some of my pictures from a trip to the Crystal Cathedral to see a Michelangelo exhibit back in October of 2019. In the last post I shared some of the pictures I took of the inside of the building were the exhibit was. I've been calling it a museum, because of Michelangelo's exhibit. But I honestly don't think it was a museum or even a gallery. There was no other art in the building. So I'm not really sure what the church used the building for. Regardless, it was a really cool looking build and I took a lot of pictures of it! 

I feel like distorting the architecture is a lot easier on the outside of a building compared to the building's interior. Which is why these shots are a lot more abstract than the ones on the last post. I like to play with the lines on a building and turn the structures into abstract geometry. The more modern the architecture is, the more I can play with it to make it look like anything but a building. Sometimes they look like geometric patterns. Other times they look like robots and spaceships. In this case, the building already looked like a space ship. Which made it easy to find ways to brake it down into abstractions. To me, this set of shots had a Sci-Fi / Fantasy art feel to them. Here are some of the ones I liked the most.










No comments:

Post a Comment