Bsombin' Los Angeles

Bsombin' Los Angeles
Bsombin' Los Angeles

Monday, December 3, 2012

A runner's poem

Hi! Thanks for checkin' out Bsombin'! I've never run a marathon. But, about a month and a half ago, I decided on running the 2013 L.A. marathon. I've been going on some pretty long runs, lately, in training for it. The longest runs I've ever been on, actually. I began thinking in poetic verse, one day, as I was running. I found myself doing it more and more, as I increase the number of miles I ran. Now, it's become a habit & a part of my running. I thought it would only be right to write about running, since running was inspiring my writing so much. After several runs, I finally sat down and wrote the following. I hope you enjoy it! Please check back soon for more poetry, art, music, & more!

"Painfully Serene"

To prepare,
Stretch muscles & focus thought;
Brace mind & body,
An inner battle will be fought;
"Discipline brings gains",
The lesson that'll be taught; & 
Music will help motivate,
To find inspiration when it's sought

Volume raised high,
Icarus wings ready to fly;
A deep breath, before it starts,
Then the journey begins & all else departs...

Freedom of body,
As pulse begins to climb;
Detached from life's woes,
Finding freedom of mind;
Freedom of spirit, 
Drawn close to the divine; &
The heart is set free, 
As, to it's aches, I grow blind

Lost in the beat,
Sweat starts to run, as I push down the street;
Test of endurance & strength,
Push past limits & go the extra length...

Searching for bliss,
In agony's midst;
No surrender to weakness,
A strong mind will persist;
Stopping is the temptation
That I must resist; &
On pushing my body,
I must insist

Music start to fade out & in,
As muscle aches shout & the battle begins; 
Will must be strong,
To carry on for so long...

Now hurt brings doubt,
As the real struggle starts;
Strain presents fire,
To the legs, lungs, & heart;
The will's power gets tested,
As the body falls apart; & 
Focus & discipline must be
Mastered arts

Music is muted by the hearts pound,
As all other sounds are silenced & drowned;
Always furthest from any win,
The first to give up & give in...

A fight past the fire,
Journey to the storm's eye;
3rd eye opened wide,
On an endorphin high;
I fought the whole way through,
Without excuse or alibi; &
As the finish line's crossed,
I'm reminded of why.

...As I find myself
Painfully serene.


-Bsomb4

No comments:

Post a Comment