Bsombin' Los Angeles

Bsombin' Los Angeles
Bsombin' Los Angeles

Thursday, December 6, 2012

"Song for the South-central Siren"

Hi! As I've been mentioning lately, I am going through a period of change, as an artist. The changes have recently gone from my visual to my written expression. I tried doing some new things with my poetry & wanted to share a new piece & poem. ...both are a bit different from "my usual". The piece is titled "Sixteen Kisses (The Siren from South-central)" & the poem is titled "Song For A Siren". Hopefully you enjoy them & come back soon for more Bsombin'! 



"Song For A Siren"

Left in a storm
Afloat on a boat
Lost & alone on a 
Violent sea...

When, suddenly 
He was found by a 
Siren who began to
Sing seductively

As he drifted,
He became enchanted 
By the siren who's 
Song was so lovely

So, to set 
Himself free
He began to sing, too,
& the siren stopped singing, reluctantly

As he sang,
The storm settled;
There was a calm on the sea; & 
The siren swam silently 

He sang,
"Siren, kind siren,
With beauty & grace,
Please be kind & show me mercy!"

The siren then smiled &
Drew close to him, 
To say,
"You sing beautifully!" 

"...But, I regret to inform you...
Someone should have warned you
...Sinking you is 
My duty"...

Yet, he continued 
His song & kept 
Sailing on,
As the siren went along patiently

He sang,
"Siren, kind siren,
Please give ear to my plea &
Do not deliver me to tragedy!"

The siren then smiled,
As she drew close, 
To say,
"You sing beautifully!" 

"...Yet, I regret to inform you...
Someone should have warned you
...Sinking you is 
My duty"...

Yet, he continued
To sing, & kept on sailing,
With the siren still waiting 
patiently 

...And, so they went, 
Back & forth, & he continued on course
Till he reached
The end of his journey

Shocked, the siren said,
"How can this be,
Was your song really so strong that
It brought you home safely?"

His reply, "Not my song,
but faith & love for family!"
Then the siren turned back & 
swam away miserably


-Bsomb4




No comments:

Post a Comment