Bsombin' Los Angeles

Bsombin' Los Angeles
Bsombin' Los Angeles

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

A poetic post


Thanks for checkin' out Bsombin'!! I'm still working on my book of poems. I'm almost done writing & have started working on creating & sorting all the images that will be used for the book. The finished book will have images to go with each poem, in order to touch my readers a little deeper. I am very passionate about this project & want it to impact people with as much emotion as I am putting into it, so I decided to add my visual art to the book to help pull the reader further into my world. The end result, for the reader, should be a walk through their emotional gambit. A journey through self lead by my words & visions. Here is one of my most recent poems written for the book. I hope you enjoy it!! Please check back soon for more bsombin'!

"The Napalm Sea"

As it looked out on the 
Horizon...

God seized the meek,
While it was at ease, &
Hurled it into the
Violent seas

Under waves that
Swelled & crashed,
It's whole was stripped,
Drowned, & Smashed

Then, by currents
Swift & strong,
Pulled to depths
Where none belong,
...Can not breath & 
Light is gone,
There's nothing's right,
In this abyss of wrong,

Yet, still not stuck,
It's dragged along,
Finding solace 
In an angel's song,
Faith not spent,
Though the struggle's long...
Just then the seas turned
To napalm...

Somehow, though,
It retains aplomb,
&, in the fire, 
It finds a calm,
An explosion within,
Transformation bomb,
Brings forth a Phoenix
Chanting psalms...

Now the Phoenix
Can swim free...
Free from drowning
In a sea of misery!
Free to fly
To it's destiny!
Free to become
What it was meant to be!

...It had to drown, &
Go through the fire,
To be purified of 
Weakness & dark desires!
It had to be stripped,
& smashed, too,
In order to be rebuilt, &
Made better, as new!
Now, soaring,
With upward aim,
It just has to 
Adapt to the burn of flames,

...Though, as time passed,
The burn did too,
&, through it's trials,
Strong & wise, the meek grew!
Keep in mind what it went through,
& never give up,
Regardless of what kind of seas you're tossed into!


-Bsomb4

No comments:

Post a Comment