Bsombin' Los Angeles

Bsombin' Los Angeles
Bsombin' Los Angeles

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Push Adaptation at Known Gallery

Hi, & thanks for checkin' out Bsombin'! Last month, my "brotha from anotha mutha"(the man behind At Large Media & At Last League), Jefroe, hit me up to see about going to the opening of Push's show at the Known Gallery.  We hopped in the ride, the ninja princess & I, and we went and swooped Jefroe up on the way to the gallery. The show was not what I was expecting, I thought I was going to see a bunch of Push's paintings. Instead, I was pleasantly surprised to find that he had turned the whole gallery into one of his paintings that you could walk through, by painting directly on the walls & fastening straps, that ran all over the room, to the walls floor & ceiling. Push really inspired me with his installation & got me thinking a lot about my own anamorphic art & sculptures, since this work changed every time you moved though the room. It was also interesting how Push made his audience a part of the work & the work a moving piece that changed constantly through out the night. The whole idea made every viewers experience unique & personal for the viewer. It was fun photographing the installation to capture my unique experience. It took me a minute to get around to editing the pics, but I still wanted to share Pusher's work with you all...









No comments:

Post a Comment