Bsombin' Los Angeles

Bsombin' Los Angeles
Bsombin' Los Angeles

Monday, August 19, 2013

Famous for being famous

On our way home from the Known Gallery, we saw a Los Angeles icon driving home in her trademark pink Corvette.

...When I was a kid, I remember seeing billboards with this big tittied blond lady all over L.A. All the billboards said were here name, so I didn't really understand what the add was for. It took me a minute to realize it was just an add for her, because it was so strange, and out of the usual, at the time. Growing up around L.A., you can't help but see her driving around from time to time. So, I would react like I saw a movie star, when I would see her driving around the city. The funny thing is, I didn't know why. ...Maybe it was the billboards. ...Maybe it was the giant titties & tight outfits. ...Or, maybe it was the fact the she carried herself like one & really knew how to sell you on the idea that she was a movie star. Guess you could say she is a bit of a "fake it till you make it" guru. She, basically, made herself "famous for being famous" & became a pioneer of the term... I never actually saw a movie with her in it, but I still think she's a star & still love the feeling of being a star struck little kid, again, when I watch that pink Corvette drive by every now & then.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment