Bsombin' Los Angeles

Bsombin' Los Angeles
Bsombin' Los Angeles

Sunday, January 5, 2014

A day in K-Town - Pt.2

While I was on Wilshire, I came across Saint Basil Church. I'm not religious, but I do believe in God. I am a spiritual man, I just don't follow any organized religion. But, I felt compelled to go inside, as I stood looking at the front of the building. As I walked up the stairs, it started to feel like I HAD to go inside. ...As if something inside was calling. When I got to the top of the stairs, an elderly woman came out of the church and said, "Hello! Go inside, God's waiting for you. Come... Go pray!" Then she smiled, walked down the stairs, and disappeared in the pedestrian traffic. I walked into the church and had to pause for a moment. It felt like I was being watch, although the front hall was empty. I looked around and got some captures in the  front hall before going into the main hall. The architecture was beautiful, through out the building! And the feeling in the building was serene. As I sat in the main hall looking for shots and watching people pray, I heard the elderly lady's words echo, in my head. So, I took a moment to join those in prayer, before getting back out onto Wilshire. I got a couple more captures, before heading home from a quick trip to K-town.









No comments:

Post a Comment