Bsombin' Los Angeles

Bsombin' Los Angeles
Bsombin' Los Angeles

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Android On The East Side

Hi and thanks for checkin' out the Bsombin' blog! I recently went out for a night of "urban exploring" (or, as I prefer to call it, a capture mission) with my brothers Jefroe & Steven. We had a fun night that was reminiscent of "the good ol' graff days". Lol. We started in East Los, made our way into downtown, and ended things at the "Marathon Crash Race". A lot of the more recent posts, here on the blog, have been from that night. It was a great night with 2 of my oldest friends.  
In this crazy city, people come and go at the speed of life. It's hard to get close to people because so many put up a wall to protect themselves and hide their insecurities. There are a lot of people in this city that live their lives scared of being hurt and worrying too much about what others think about them. ...Too scared and worried to let down their guard enough to let you really get to know them. ...Too afraid and insecure to let anyone get close. So they keep everyone distant... I know, because I used to be one. I got so full of insecurity and fear that I even withdrew from friends and family. It made me feel a strange sense of loneliness, even though I was surrounded by family, friends, and millions of our fellow Angelenos. Thankfully, with God's guidance & the love and help of my friends and family I have found my way back from the darkness I was dwelling in. It does have a gravity that I still struggle with. But, as I grow stronger, the struggle becomes less and less... 
If I hadn't of been out shooting with Jefroe & Steve, this night would have been a very sad and depressing one for me, since I didn't run the marathon this year. I was really down about my failure and, with the marathon being the next morning, I was starting to feel the downward spiral's gravity. But, I got over it with a little help from my friends. Instead of getting down and depressed they helped me turn the night into a great time. As with all my old friends, I got a lot of love for these dudes! I've know 'em both for a long time and shared a lot of good times with both. Something about runnin' around the city late at night fills me with a sense of freedom and joy. Being able to share the joy with old friends is a blessing that I am very thankful for. To not only have friendships that have endured the test of time, but to also be able to continue sharing interests and passions with my old friends is awesome! I look forward to many more capture missions with my brothers. I'm even making plans to add new "urban explorers" to the group! Lol. It's like they say... Good friends are like stars, you don't always see them, but you know they're always there. Check back soon for more capture mission action, along with more art, poetry, music, and more! 






No comments:

Post a Comment