Bsombin' Los Angeles

Bsombin' Los Angeles
Bsombin' Los Angeles

Monday, April 12, 2010

Finally FInished!


So tomorrow turned into today, on me, twice, before I could get back to write this. The Weekend was busy, but profitable. Made some money, spent most of it, and had a good time with friends and family doing it. The highlight, though, was finishing the longest project ever! The mural that I thought would never be finished is finally finished! It was a great feeling to put the last highlight in the lettering, and finishing it off. The walk to the car was as enjoyable as could be, knowing I didn't have to try and schedule another trip to try and finish. I have my next mural project on stand by, right now. Once again, I will be working at another local junior high school. Jr. High kids are funny. They always like to watch me paint and ask a lot of questions. They usually try and talk me into giving them some spray paint, or tips(the kind that go in the cans, not pointers), too. Even the girls! They are building a wall, just so I can paint a mural on it, at this Jr. high! How fresh am I? ...well, actually they are rebuilding a wall that already had a mural on it, and they want me to restore the old mural that was there before. I don't even get to be creative this time. Or, at least that's what they want. But, I will be trying to sell them on the idea of letting me do something new. That might be a while though, since the contractor that was fixing the wall disappeared. Now the whole thing is on hold and no one knows what happened to the contractor. The school is looking for a new builder to finish Houdini's wall. But, until then, they can't even use the building I'll be painting. I can't tell you what happened to the contractor, because I don't know. But I can tell you that I will be extra careful on that job, to make sure I don't disappear too.

No comments:

Post a Comment