Bsombin' Los Angeles

Bsombin' Los Angeles
Bsombin' Los Angeles

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

...& thanks for stoppin' by Bsombin'! It's Father's Day. In light of that, here is a poem I wrote to my daughter...


" My Sweet Pea"

Made to be,
Unexpectedly...
Your first mention brought
Worry & Uncertainty,
But, after a second, 
I found jubilee
Knowing that soon I'd be
Your daddy!

Once it all set in,
With goosebumps on skin,
I puffed my chest out, & 
Picked up my chin,
Then I turned to the world & said,
With a grin,
"Today is the day my
New life begins!"

I felt that I needed to 
Change & refine;
I knew that I needed to 
Focus my mind;
I knew that this process would take
Work & time,
But I had to make sure that, 
For you, I could shine!

The day you were born,
The weak in me died,
So, I struggled & fought,
I tried & I tried,
& as I struggled & fought,
We've grown
Side by side,
Now, I've loved you & taught you & 
You made me feel pride!

Because I was 
Blessed, with the 
Best kid in 
This world's history,
A luckier father
There never will be!

...Dedicated to my Sweet Pea!


-Bsomb4

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous19.6.12

    And what a wonderful father u are! The best father I've ever known.

    ReplyDelete