Bsombin' Los Angeles

Bsombin' Los Angeles
Bsombin' Los Angeles

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A poem about remembering what we've lost...

Thanks for stopping by the blog! ...In life, we all suffer losses. Regardless of whether it's a loved one passing away; a romance coming to an end; or just loosing touch with someone who you were once close to, having someone you care about disappear out of your life is one of the hardest parts of growing old. ...While I was meditating today, I thought about all the people who I've lost, or had disappear out of my life. I couldn't help but breakdown in tears as I did. Afterward I thought about how difficult it is to loose love & how amazing it is to be blessed enough to have it when we do. As I thought, I found a need to write. ...So I wrote the following poem. However it may apply to your life, I'm sure everyone can relate to this poem in some way or another. With that said, I want to share this with you in hopes that it will remind you not to take the time you have together, with your loved ones, for granted & to appreciate the ones we love while they're still here!

"The Thought Of Loosing You"

I try not to 
Look back
Because, 
When I do,
I can't help but 
Miss & 
Think about 
Loosing you

We walked in the
Sunshine &
Ran in the 
Rain, 
We laughed through the
Good times & 
Cried through the 
Pain

You taught me, & 
I showed you,
A world full of
"New",
You learned & 
I saw & 
Together we
Grew

When I start 
Looking back on the 
Times that we had,
It's a roller coaster ride of
High/happy & 
Low/sad

First,
Jubilee,
When I think how
You shined,
Then, 
Total despair, 
Knowing you 
Left me behind

It always ends
Sad,
The "ride" stops on 
A low,
& I'm always 
Left asking
"Why did you 
Have to go?!"

Please forgive me for
Trying to forget
The past, 
But, I must, to survive
...If I don't,
I won't last

I fight, & struggle,
Everyday,
To move on,
But, it hurts & 
I miss you so much,
Knowing you're
Gone

The truth, 
Though,
I know, is 
You will always 
Haunt me
...You'll stay in
My heart 
Through the rest of
Eternity 

Should eternity ever
Conclude,
I pray that the 
End is where 
I'll find you


-Bsomb4

No comments:

Post a Comment