Bsombin' Los Angeles

Bsombin' Los Angeles
Bsombin' Los Angeles

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The Journey - pt.5

Thanks for checkin' out Bsombin'! So I've been writing about my creative journey. A quick recap... Through a series of events, I was inspired to begin exploring new "canvas" options. I decided to stray away from the norm & begin looking for new materials to paint on. I began working with glass & acrylic (plexiglass) & soon found myself being pulled into a new world of creative possibilities. My journey has been through this new world in the art universe.

...Along the way, I decided to make some pieces & send them to iconic figures, after reading articles about several artists who grew their careers by doing the same thing to promote their work. I talked to my partner Cory about it & he agreed it would be a great way to promote both my art & Kibatsu Creative. We began reaching out to friends to see who could help us get in touch with celebrities & iconic figures. To our surprise, we found we had more options than we thought & connections to some big names. While we thought about which celebrities we would choose to send work to, I got the idea to design custom frames for the gifts we would be sending out. Fortunately for us, our friend Nick, at N2Metalworks, was able to lend us a hand there. I drew up some plans & showed Nick what I was thinking. After some discussion, I decided to redesign the frames, because of some design flaws which Nick brought to my attention. After a redesign, Nick took the design & brought back some beautiful aluminum frames that were just what I had envisioned to go on the acrylic pieces. Here is a look at the original rough design & the finished frames (after the redesign) before I mounted them on the acrylic pieces.


No comments:

Post a Comment