Bsombin' Los Angeles

Bsombin' Los Angeles
Bsombin' Los Angeles

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Light painting for ILUMN8

Thanks for checkin' out the blog! Last year I was asked to join the ILUMN8 Company family and was brought on board as the brand's lead artist. As the lead artist, I have been doing a lot of work for the brand. Everything from designing their Spring line to building a website to promote the line and providing the brand's social media director with all the content he needs to help promote the line and everything else we are doing. I've been contributing in as many ways as I know how, to see this brand grow and move up to the next level. One of things I have been pushing a lot more is my photography. I have been shooting all kinds of images and pushing myself creatively in order to grow as an artist and to help the brand take on a new look and appeal to a broader audience. One aspect of photography that I have been exploring, in my process, has been light painting. I am currently working on something that I'm not ready to share, because I want to refine it a bit more before I show it to anyone. For now, I'll just say that I'm having to learn how to combine many of my talents in order to create the images I am trying to accomplish. It is by far the hardest and most technical photography challenge I have taken on. But the things that are developing are something else! ...Check back soon to see what my secret project yields! For now, though, I'll just share some of the first light painting images that I made for ILUMN8. I did a couple of projections with some laser additions, for the first 2. The second two are slow exposure selfies. The multiple images of me weren't done with Photoshop. They are long exposure images in which I used a flashlight to make it look like there was more than one person in the room. The truth is, I was all by myself. I was actually, both, the models and the photographer in this shoot...






No comments:

Post a Comment