Bsombin' Los Angeles

Bsombin' Los Angeles
Bsombin' Los Angeles

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Lurkin' by the seashore

Thanks for checkin' out the blog! As I often do, I went out to shoot my city, one October night. I decided to hit up Jefroe, my brotha-from-anotha-motha, to see if he wanted to ride shot-gun on the mission. He was down, so I scooped him up and we set out for the west side.

...We had tried to go and shoot the marina one night, several months prior, but construction on the 405 freeway killed that plan. After sitting in bumper to bumper traffic from 12 - 3a.m., we aborted the mission and wasted a night of shooting, on our first attempt. On this October night, however, the freeway was wide open and there was nothing keeping us from our objective. We landed in Playa Del Rey around 12a.m. and began our adventure on a bridge over Ballona Creek. It was the perfect place to break out the steel wool and pop Jefroe's "steel wool cherry"! Lol. I went through a whole pack of steel wool on, the bridge, before getting the attention on some LAPD officers that were ticketing some guys doing donuts in a parking lot on the other side of the marina. After shooting fireballs all over the bridge, with them watching, we packed up and disappeared into the night. 

After cruising around the marina for a bit, we headed to the Venice canals for some more fiery fun. Jefroe was lovin' it, as I'm sure most photogs do their first time shooting wool! I did all the spinning, for the night, and had Jefroe click the shutter for me, after setting my camera up. Unfortunately, I blew it on the best spin/shot of the night, and got fuzzy doo-doo, thanks to me forgetting to turn off the autofocus. But Jefroe had his setting right and our teamwork resulted in some awesome captures. You can see some of the pictures on his Instagram account. (You're just going to have to scroll down through a lot of his lil' squares before you get to them, since it was back in October.) ...If you'd like to peep the homie's work, and give him a follow, check out @atlastleague

We cruised around a bit more, after the canals, but hunger's call distracted us and lead us back to the greasy goodness that is Tommy's Hamburgers. ...Tommy's Chili cheese fries and burgers are know to induce food commas. So, with grease in gut and gas in butt, we called it a night and headed back home, before the "comma" started to kick in. It was a good way to end a great night of "lurkin'". Here are some of the captures I brought home that warm October night. Check back soon for more images from my beautiful city and more Bsombin'!











No comments:

Post a Comment