Bsombin' Los Angeles

Bsombin' Los Angeles
Bsombin' Los Angeles

Friday, June 4, 2021

5/29/21 - First Annual Genocide Car Club Party At The Pink Motel - Part 1

 Thanks for stoppin' by and checkin' out the Bsombin' blog! Last weekend I jumped in my truck and drove out to Sun Valley to go check out the Genocide Car Club's first annual party at the Pink Motel. I was really interested to go check this event out because it brought together two things that I love... Lowriders and skateboarding! I had never heard of a lowrider/skateboarding event, until this. So my curiosity was peaking. Unfortunately, however, I had a family gathering that same day. I wasn't about to miss out on my families first gathering since the pandemic started. So I ended up missing the skateboarding part of the party. I almost missed the whole thing. But I was able to get there for the last half hour. By that time, a lot of the people had already cleared out. But I was still able to find some good photo opportunities. I actually got a lot more shots then I thought I would get in a half hour of shooting. And the fact that most of the people had left made it a lot easier to shoot, since the crowd was gone.

The lighting at the Pink Motel was not camera friendly, though. I actually had a few people ask me if I would take their pictures for them because their iPhones and androids couldn't get a good picture. The motel is located on a section of San Fernando road that doesn't have many street lights on it. And the only lights on the motel were it's bright neon lights. This made the contrast between the dark and neon lights really hard to shoot in. Either the neon was legible and the rest of the picture was too dark. Or the pictures was lit but the neon signs were blown out and too bright to read. It took a minute. But I was able to work around the problem and adjust my setting to get some decent shots. I also decided to use the high contrast to try and get some more artistic images out of the neon lighting. I turned my focus from the cars to the lights for a while and got some neon shots I was really happy with. I ended up taking a lot of pictures. I'll be splitting up the flicks from the Pink Motel into a few posts, just to make all the content easier to digest. So, with out any further delay, let's get to the lowriders...









There's a lot more to come from the Pink Motel and last weekend's lowrider events. So check back soon for more art, photography, lowriders, and more here on Bsombin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment