Bsombin' Los Angeles

Bsombin' Los Angeles
Bsombin' Los Angeles

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Christmas Day in L.A. - Pt.1

Thanks for checkin' out the blog! When I went out and captured these images on Christmas day, last year, I knew it would be a while before I got around to editing and posting them. I decided I didn't need to post these images during the holiday season, seeing as how marketers and advertising executives don't see a need to stay in the season with things either. I mean, during the Christmas season, I was seeing Valentine's and Easter decorations for sale. The day after Christmas, some stores already had their Valentine's Day displays in the windows! ...So, I figured, why no flip things and bring some Christmas spirit to the week leading up to Valentine's Day?! So, with that said, here are some captures from Christmas day in L.A....

I started the trip around the city of angels at the Elysian Park trails.

After a quick hike, it was off to Chinatown... 


Most of the businesses were closed, through out Chinatown. But some were open and there was light traffic in the streets and on the sidewalks.



I found a parking lot with a view and got some shots of the skyline, before heading to Olvera Street. It was a nice surprise, when I got there, coming to find an Aztec dance group performing in the square at the west entrance to Olvera Street. I could hear their drums as I walked through the crowd, but didn't know what was going on until I saw the feathered head dresses dancing around above the heads of the people in the crowd. It was an amazing performance and an awesome capture opportunity. It's a good thing I was using a digital camera that day. Or, I would have gone through a lot of film, during the preformance! I took a lot of shots! I'm just gonna share a few, though...



No comments:

Post a Comment