Bsombin' Los Angeles

Bsombin' Los Angeles
Bsombin' Los Angeles

Thursday, February 13, 2014

It's getting close to Valentine's Day!

...Not that it matters to a single guy like me. Lol. But as a poet, I can appreciate the beauty of the day reserved for lovers and romance. After all, what's more romantic than poetry?! I'll be sharing some poems for lovers, and the heartbroken, through out the rest of the week, in honor of St. Valentine and his lover's holiday. Here is the first one, for the lovers out there. I hope you enjoy!


"Love, Unspoken"

We have our secrets,
Sweet truths that we don't share;
Keep quiet about feelings,
Pretend that they're not there;
The most intimate moments between us,
Yet, we act like we don't care;
&, of the emotions we are feeling,
We try not to be aware...

...Together,
Glowing from the other's charge,
We lay in the dark;
Both our hearts burning up,
From what started, simply, as a spark;
Although it wasn't our intention,
On one another we left our mark;
Yet, on all the feelings between us,
Neither one of us will remark...

You are the one I lie to myself about,
My love and my muse,
Because it scares me to face 
All of your beauty and loving "truths".

...So, we continue to speak,
Without word,
And spending time...
Though  unspoken,
You know my hearts yours and 
I know that yours is mine.

...You are my lover.


-Bsomb4

1 comment:

  1. I know this feeling all too well. This is a beautiful heartfelt poem :)

    ReplyDelete