Bsombin' Los Angeles

Bsombin' Los Angeles
Bsombin' Los Angeles

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Shooting Under The Stars - Pt.1

Thanks for hittin' up the Bsombin' blog! This is a series of images from a night shoot, off the 110fwy,  over the L.A. river. ...On previous missions, Jefroe and I had passed by a random spiraling staircase that appeared to be in the middle of a freeway junction, going from the 110N to the 5N. At a glance, it looked like there wasn't any way to get to it. So we began to wonder about the staircase and how to get to it. The next time we went out on a capture mission, we passed the staircase on our way home and I noticed it had a walkway leading out to it. After looking at Google maps, I realized that the staircase connected the Elysian Park Trails with the Arroyo Seco Pkwy, just above the Arroyo Seco Confluence. The confluence is the point where the Arroyo Seco meets the L.A. river. After seeing that there was a way to get out to the staircase we went looking for the entrance to the walkway, to go get some shots from the staircase. We stopped on Figueroa, under I-5, to get some shots there, as we began searching for the entrance.



 It proved to be a mission finding the entrance to the walkway on Arroyo Seco Pkwy. But, after circling the area in the truck, for a while, we finally got out on foot and found it. Once we got out onto the walkway, we began to shoot.





I didn't realize that the walkway would be as high as it was. Again, I found myself fighting with my fear of heights, as we walked toward the staricase, high above the L.A. river. But, again, I was so caught up in getting captures that I forced myself to push past my fears. I wanted to vomit the whole time I was on the bridge, but found peace once we made it to the staircase.











 It's funny... I just realized that I didn't even post a pic of the staircase. And, it was the main reason for going out on the Arroyo Seco walkway. ...Guess that will be part 2 of "Shooting Under The Stars"...

We were on the bridge for a good while, before heading back to the truck. When we got back to the truck, Jefroe and I were both starving. So, we decided to call it a night  and end things with a stop at a Los Angeles late night staple, the Original Tommy's hamburgers, for an early morning dose of chili cheese fries and heartburn! ...Chili cheese fries, the breakfast of champions!

I've gone out on a few more missions, since that night, and am working on getting through the edits to share here. ...Check back soon for more Bsombin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment