Bsombin' Los Angeles

Bsombin' Los Angeles
Bsombin' Los Angeles

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Christmas Day In L.A. - Pt.2

After watching the dancers for a while, I walked down Olvera Street to get some more captures and started making my way back to the truck...



When I got to my truck, I felt a stare. ...Like someone was watching me. I was parked in a little cul de sac and there was no one around, but I knew I was being watched. I stopped and looked around, but didn't see anyone in site. And then I looked up...
I took a second to observe my observer, before hoppin' in the ride and heading into the heart of downtown. The unexpected happened again, as I "landed" in D.T.... Another stare from above was felt. This time, my observer was easier to spot. The funny thing is, my two observers were very symbolic to me. One, I took as a symbol of strength and power, the other as a symbol of peace and love. Both, I felt, were signs of what the new year would bring. ...Time will tell, if I interpreted them correctly. But, so far so good. Lol. 
I walked around an empty downtown for a while, before finding my way to the Westin Bonaventure hotel. It too was empty, aside from a few people eating brunch in the restaurant on the first floor and a few people walking to their rooms. Downtown was more of a ghost town, on Christmas day...
After the Bonaventure, it was back to the truck and off to MacAurthur Park...

The park was the opposite of downtown, it was packed and full of people. Finding parking was a bitch, too! But, after a few circles, I found a spot and made my way over to the park. I was running out of time, so I just walked a quick lap around the lake and got some captures, before heading back home to hang out with the family...



It was a beautiful sunny Christmas day and the feeling, through out the city, was one of peace and joy. It, actually, wasn't until that morning that I had decided to go out and capture Christmas day. I'm still not sure what compelled me to go out on my capture expedition that day. But, I do know now that I am thankful to have experienced everything that the journey showed me. At the end of it, I felt like the city and I had grown a little closer. Like she had shown me sides of herself that I hadn't seen before. She is my city, this crazed city of angels, and I love her. Spending the day with her made it a great and memorable Christmas day, for me. Although, the best part of the day was spent at home with the family! 

I hope you enjoyed Christmas in February and I hope you all have a Happy Valentine's Day!! Check back soon for more Bsombin'!!

No comments:

Post a Comment