Bsombin' Los Angeles

Bsombin' Los Angeles
Bsombin' Los Angeles

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Flaskmob Los Angeles

Thanks for checkin' out the blog! I follow a lot of photographers and photography groups on Instagram. One of which is Flaskmob. ...a group from the Bay that puts together Insta-meets for the area's street photographers. Back in August, they organized the first Flaskmob meet in L.A., and I was intent on going. My brotha-from-anotha-mutha, Jefroe, hit me up to see if I wanted go see what's up with the Flaskmob. Worked out perfectly, since I was already planning on heading out to DTLA anyways. I met Froe at his place and after a few blows and dabs, we started out to go find the mob. We lagged and had a hard time finding the mob. Then parking proved to be just as hard to find. By the time we met up with the mob, they had already gone full circle and returned back to the meet's starting point at Pershing Square. As we walked up to the crowd, we met up with our old friend Van Styles. We missed all but the group shots and a few funny antics from the mob, since we got there late. But Froe & I were both set on shooting. We took a minute to hang out with Van, after the mob dispersed, and he suggested a few spots we could go shoot. So we said peace to Mr. Styles, hopped back in the ride, and got on our way. Once we decided to go shoot the bridge to the metro train station that is on the 110 Fwy, we started looking for spots to shoot along the way. A few "gems" were found that night, and I lot of laughs were had, with Froe. We even got to enjoy some ghetto gourmet delights, when we found that the only safe place to park was a tire shop parking lot that doubled as a taco truck spot at night. Lol. It didn't look like the most attractive food option, but the tacos were bangin'!! ...The only down side to the whole night was waking up early to go to work the next day, after getting home at 4A.M. But other than that, an awesome night of "urban exploration". I'm looking forward to the Flaskmob's return to L.A. next month. This time, gonna make sure to get there on time, though. Lol. Despite missing the mob, I still got a lot of good images that night. Here are some of my favorites...









Thanks for stoppin' by the blog & check back soon for more Bsombin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment