Bsombin' Los Angeles

Bsombin' Los Angeles
Bsombin' Los Angeles

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

A Weekend In Guatemala - Pt3. A Night In The City

Hello Earth people! Thanks for checkin' out the Bsombin' blog!

I am not a fan of flying! ...With that said, the flight went as good as it could, from Mexico to Guatemala. The plane landed in the middle of the day (Guatemala Time). The weather was overcast but the air was warm and humid. When I got to the baggage claim, I found that "The Guatemalan Welcoming Committee" had welcomed themselves to a bunch of the gifts that I had brought for my family. One of my bags was torn open and the bag was a lot lighter than it had been leaving LAX. The time I spent waiting for the Customs agent who "looked into the matter" for me was the only time that time didn't fly extra fast, my whole time in Guatemala. But, after the extended welcome, I found my dad, we made our way to the car, and time started to go into warp speed. From the airport, we took off to meet up with my Abuelita, Auntie, siblings, and cousins for lunch & a long awaited reunion!

It was an amazing lunch, needless to say! Seeing my Abuelita and siblings again was awesome. And getting to know my cousins and Auntie again was like being a little kid all over. I was real happy to find my cousin Mark to be an amateur photographer who was also eager to explore and shoot, too! After lunch we went back to Abuelita's house where my other cousins (from mom's side) met up with us. We all spent hours catching up and remembering all the times we spent together when we were kids, before the cousins & I decided to let Abuelita get some rest while we went to check out the nightlife. It was one of those moments where I had to pinch myself, seeing all the little kids I played with as a kid as grown men and women (some with their own kids).

...The whole time I was there, my family kept warning me to keep my camera and phone out of sight. They told me that people gettting killed for their phones was very common and that it was very dangerous to have a phone out. But my cousin Mark (who grew up in Guatemala before moving to the UK with Auntie) said we would be okay shooting. So we took our cameras with us and things weren't as crazy as I had been told. Unfortunately, going out drinking with my cousins and brother did turn out to be dangerous! I'm luck I didn't loose my camera, as wasted as we got. I honestly don't remember a whole lot of that night. But, I know we had a really good time! I even shot a lot, but apparently I forgot how to use the settings on my camera in my intoxicated state. Most of the pics look like what I was seeing after the chemical brew that I ingested took effect. So, the nightlife shots are limited...




No comments:

Post a Comment