Bsombin' Los Angeles

Bsombin' Los Angeles
Bsombin' Los Angeles

Friday, June 24, 2016

A Weekend In Guatemala - Pt6. The Poem After The Pictures

"ANTIGUA"


First,
I found
Her's to be a timeless air
That robs you of your breath as it
Moves you back centuries

Then,
I found myself captivated,
While capturing her timeless antiquities and
Enjoying her sensual energy,
Hypnotic orchestration of vibrations, and
Majestic bouquet of hues and tones

Delighted by her"imperfections",
    In awe of all her "flaws",
        Highlighted by the vast selection
            Of moments given to me to pause...

...Her lines all instersected,
In the perfect places
                ...Her horizon flowed endlessly,
                Between the heaves and the earth

There was sunlight beaming
From her native's faces,
                Shining into my soul and proving
                Her's a priceless worth

Perfection was embraced by
Her arches and crowns,
    With blue heaves and green fire mountains
    Screaming as backgrounds

In the bat of an eye,
    Without any delays,
        Submerged in her beauty and
            Drowning in her display!

Consumed by her vision,
    held firm by her charms,
        I drank up all her beauty,
            & embraced her without arms,

In her windows
I saw sunshine shining on me
While I played as a child

On her streets
I saw pieces of me that I lost &
A future I might one day find again

I found myself
Lost in what she showed me
And realized that the captor had been captured by the captivating

...And this is why the pieces of me that I lost are still there




- Bsomb4

No comments:

Post a Comment