Bsombin' Los Angeles

Bsombin' Los Angeles
Bsombin' Los Angeles

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

A Weekend In Guatemala - Pt7. The Flight Home

Thanks for checkin' out the blog! Have you ever have one of those weekends that take a week to recover from? ...My weekend in Guatemala was exactly that! I was exhausted when I woke up on Monday morning! There were still people to see and gifts to buy, though. So, despite might lack of energy, I got up early to pack all my things and clean up the room I was staying in.

After a few last minute visits with family, my dad took me to the "Mercado Central" (The Capital's central market place) to buy some gifts for the family back home. Unfortunately, the Mercado Central is not a good place to try and take pictures. When I told my dad that I wanted to shoot in the central market, he said I'd probably get mugged if I did. He then reminded me that we didn't have a lot of time either. I think we spent a total of about 15-20 minutes racing around the Mercado Central looking for gifts and treats to bring home. That was all the time we could afford to spend shopping, since the city's insane traffic was going to make getting to the airport on time a challenge.



When we arrived, my dad and I exchanged our awkward goodbyes and a hug, before I rushed off to check in for my flight. There was no line at the airline counter, Customs' line went quick, and by the time I got to the terminal the flight just started bording. On the way home, I had another long layover in Mexico. 4 hours after landing in D.F., my flight was up in the air and headed back to L.A. A few hours later we were flying over the sea of lights that is Los Angeles. I have no idea what time it was when I landed. I just know it was a little after 11 pm when I finally got in the car.



I think my brain just shifted into auto pilot, for the remainder of the night. I don't remember much after leaving the airport. I do remember being happy to be home, though. ...And the awesome welcome that I got from the family when we got back from the airport! It was the perfect way to end an amazing weekend and journey! A journey that inspired me to explore the great city I call home even more, after seeing it from the sky at night! As we flew into L.A. and past down town, it felt more like the start of another adventure than the end of one. Little did I know how right I was...

Thanks for checking out the blog and allowing me to share my journey with you! Check back soon for more stories, pictures from my adventures, and more Bsombin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment