Bsombin' Los Angeles

Bsombin' Los Angeles
Bsombin' Los Angeles

Friday, June 17, 2016

A Weekend In Guatemala - Pt5.1. Noche en Antigua

Hello and thanks for checkin' out the Bsombin' blog! ...After I climbed down off the roof, I started to clean the mess the my cousins and I had made when we got home from bar hoping. I couldn't understand how we made such a disaster in the couple of hours that we were there before going to sleep. But the condition my room was in made me wonder how many people came home with us the night before? I couldn't remember much and my cousins had already left. So, I had to wait until after my trip to Antigua, to talk to my cousins about what we did and who the people were in the pictures that I took...

We had a busy schedule, that morning, since Abuelita's party was that afternoon. After cleaning, showering, and getting dressed, I had just enough time to eat and pack my things before my Auntie arrived  to pick Abuelita and I up. We loaded up my Auntie's rental and brother's car with our stuff and the food and drinks for the party, before getting on the road. We left around 10AM and drove out of the city in heavy traffic. Because of the traffic delay, it took us about an hour and a half to get to Antigua. Once we got there, the small one way streets and heavy tourist traffic brought us back to a crawl, as we made our way to my Abuelita's country house. Once we arrived, we were greeted by family and friends that I hadn't seen in years. Some I literally hadn't seen in decades! It was a little embarrassing not remembering some of them and getting other's names mixed up. But everyone was understanding about my forgetting and confusing people and everyone was happy to see one another. It was the first family reunion that my dad's side of the  family had ever had. So, for a few of us, it was our first time meeting each other. It was a great time sharing stories, drinking, dancing, singing, taking pictures, eating, and catching up with family. My Abuelita had a great time. But, once the sun went down, she (and just about everyone else) went home. My brother, cousins, and some of my cousins' friends were all that was left. So we decided to head out for a night of partying in Antigua! By this point, we were all at least 8 beers in. So, once again, the memories are foggy and the pictures are few. I do remember having a great time and laughing a lot, though...





No comments:

Post a Comment