Bsombin' Los Angeles

Bsombin' Los Angeles
Bsombin' Los Angeles

Sunday, August 18, 2019

Influence Artists One Year Anniversary - Part 3 (Flying Over DTLA)

I was struggling to get shots of the freeway as we headed towards Downtown. I think it was a combination of my fear of heights, the angle we were at, and the speed we were traveling at. But getting pics of the 110 & 10 junction was a challenge for me. I was able to get a few shots I was happy with. But I didn't get as many as I would have liked. When we got over downtown, we flew over the Convention Center, the Staple Center, and the Ritz Carlton as we headed towards the Wilshire Grand Center. As we passed the Wilshire Grand Center, Mr. Petgrave slowed down so we could wave at everyone enjoy drinks on the rooftop bar.




















Next we headed to the US Bank Tower. On the way, Mr. Petgrave told us that when he slowed down we could lean out of the helicopter and even hang our feet outside and shoot. So, as we got close to the US Bank Tower and slowed down, I leaned out and took some straight down shots. I almost threw up too. I wasn't ready for it and it scared the shit out of me when I leaned out. Lucky for the people down below, I was able to keep my lunch in my stomach. As I leaned out, Mr. Petgrave also tilted the helicopter so we could get a good clean downward shot of the Tower. Honestly, I was so scared I forgot how to turn my camera to video mode. I wanted to get video, but I was panicking. So I just kept on shooting pictures with my camera. I decided to reached for my phone, instead, so I could get some videos for my Instagram Story. But, for a second, I forgot I put my phone between my legs and thought it fell out of my pocket. I almost threw up again, at the thought of my phone killing a pedestrian. I was a mess! But, still, I was able to keep shooting pictures and got video for my IG Story as we flew past Skyspace LA. We slowed down next to Skyspace LA to photobomb a family that was taking a group picture, before we finished circling the US Bank Tower, too.
















After the Tower, we started heading back to Compton. Mr. Petgrave flew us over Alameda St. on the way back to the airport...

No comments:

Post a Comment