Bsombin' Los Angeles

Bsombin' Los Angeles
Bsombin' Los Angeles

Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Chasing buses in K-town

Thanks for checkin' out the Bsombin' blog! I've been doing a lot of catching up on editing pictures, the past couple of weeks. As I was going through my folders, I found these light trail pictures I took earlier in the year.

I decided to try and get some light trail shots, one night after shooting with a model friend of mine who lived in K-town. I had picked her up and taken her to downtown to shoot. We had a great night and got some shots we were both very happy about. So, I was still in the mood to shoot some more, after I dropped her off. She lived close to Wilshire and Western. So I parked by the Denny's there and walked over to the intersection to try and get some light trail shots with the iconic Wiltern Theater in the background. What I thought would be a quick stop turned into a couple of hours of running around chasing buses and shooting light trails. There were a lot of buses running still. But I didn't have a schedule to see when they would arrive. So I ended up running back and forth across the street to catch the buses as they came into sight. Some of the buses didn't give me a lot of time to react. So I was literally running through traffic to shoot the buses. I misses a lot of them, too, because I didn't have any idea of which bus would be coming when. I would set up on one corner, to wait for a bus, and would then see a bus coming from the opposite side of the street. So i would have to run across the street to try and set up again before the bus passed. But I still missed a lot of them because I didn't have enough time to set up before the bus would take off. The fun turned to frustration after a while, because the buses started to come less often. But I was able to get a lot of shots that I was really happy with that night. I'm still going through editing a lot of folders full of pictures to share, right now, including more pictures from Supercar Sunday! But, for now, I wanted to share the fruits of my bus chasing labor with you all...

















No comments:

Post a Comment