Bsombin' Los Angeles

Bsombin' Los Angeles
Bsombin' Los Angeles

Thursday, October 17, 2019

Living In The Garden - Part 1 (The Mantis & The Rose)

When I was little, I was told that seeing a praying mantis was good luck. Over the years, I've paid attention and feel that there is some truth to that. Good things tend to happen, for me, after I see one. Which is one of the reasons why I have come to love these little critters. I love photographing them too. They are fascinating creatures. Their eye trip me out. They're like orbital sockets that turn in all directions. So, they can look at you while you are standing behind them, even if they are facing forward. They look like little aliens to me. I could see them getting on a little green spaceship and flying away one day... 

Recently, I have been seeing a lot in the garden in the back yard. So I have been collecting pictures of them and all the other critters that I have been finding in the bushes while shooting the mantises. This particular mantis has actually been living in the rose bush for a couple of weeks now. I've been getting a lot of pictures of her, since I first noticed her. I learned that you can tell the sex of a mantis by counting the sections of their abdominal. Females have 6 while males have 8. The males' abdominal sections are smaller too. I've been keeping an eye on this female since she started living in the rose bush. Whether or not they are actually luck isn't something I can prove. But, I will say that I've been having some great things happen in my life ever since she showed up...





I'll be sharing more from the garden, in-between all the other content I will be sharing, since I have been growning my collection of critter pics. As always, I have a lot more art, pics, poems, and stories to share. So check back soon for more Bsombin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment