Bsombin' Los Angeles

Bsombin' Los Angeles
Bsombin' Los Angeles

Monday, May 3, 2021

The Broad Museum (09/26/2019) - Part 1 Jeff Koons & Mark Bradford

Thanks for stoppin' by and checkin' out the blog! One of the things I'm looking forward to doing most is going to art museums and galleries, once things are fully reopened here in L.A. There are dozens of museums and hundreds of galleries scattered throughout Los Angeles. There is so much art to see in L.A. that isn't being seen right now because of the pandemic.

Art still thrives in the city of angels, though. Covid hasn't stopped artist from creating. instead it has forced us to be more creative and find new ways to show and share our work. I've gone to a few out door art shows and pop-up galleries, since the pandemic shut everything down. Plus, the city is always covered in legal and illegal murals and street art. But nothing like a museum full of masterful work.

Of all the museums I have been to, the Broad has been my favorite. It's a contemporary art museum in the heart of downtown Los Angeles. Between it's beautiful architecture and the body of work it houses, it's easy to see why the Broad is one of the city's most popular attractions. It was build by a billionaire philanthropist named Eli Broad (who recently passed away at the age of 87). He announced the site of the museum back in 2010 and hire Diller Scofidio + Renfro (a New York based interdisciplinary design studio) to design the building. After several years of construction, the museum opened to the public in September of 2015. The museum has been closed since March of 2020, due to the pandemic. But is scheduled to reopen on May 26th 2021. And I can't wait to go!

The last time I went to the Broad was in September of 2019. My Aunt Brenda was visiting from Guatemala. She loves art and going to museums. So I invited her to go with me to my favorite museum. I took my camera along and decided to document the trip so I could share it here. So with no further ado, lets start the tour by going up the escalator into the main room. That's where Jeff Koons' Tulips sculpture was along with a series of paintings by Mark Bradford.





























I divided all the pictures from the museum into the different rooms (or sections) that the museum itself is divided into. I'll be posting the larger sections as their own individual post and will combine some of the smaller sections into group posts. In the next section we'll see work from Andy Warhol and Jasper Johns. Make sure to check back soon for more contemporary art on our tour of the Broad museum!

No comments:

Post a Comment