Bsombin' Los Angeles

Bsombin' Los Angeles
Bsombin' Los Angeles

Monday, May 24, 2021

The Broad Museum (09/26/2019) - Part 7 Jeff Koons & Mark Tansey

Thank's for stoppin' by and checkin' out the Bsombin' blog! Continuing our tour of the Broad museum, we basically skipped a room. I think it might have been because I had to go to the bathroom. My aunt kept on going through the section without me, while I went. So, by the time I got back, she had moved on to the next section and I just went and caught up with her there. 

The only pictures I took in this section were of Jeff Koons' sculptures. I love the Balloon Dog (Blue) sculpture. The color, it's perfect finish, the giant scale, and the way everything in the room is reflects in it are hypnotic. I could stare at it all day. But the Rabbit sculpture is the one that impressed me the most. It was crazy to think that it was worth $91,000,000.00. That's how much it sold for back in the beginning of 2019. The dog and the rabbit, together, were worth about $150,000,000.00. Jeff Koons is currently the second highest paid artist in the world. From the sale of just these two pieces, I can see why. 





I caught up with my aunt in the next section. This section had the work of Mark Tansey in it. I loved this section. Tansey's work was amazing to my aunt and I. The way he brought out so much detail and contrast with a monochromatic style. Painting images in a single color with more detail than you would think you could get without using multiple colors. Tansey also had hidden images in his paintings. We stood looking at Wake for about 5 minutes, trying to find all the hidden images in it. We found a bunch of faces in the water and in the clouds, together with my aunt. Tansey's color choices, for all the paintings there, were also interesting. They gave scenes that were full of action a calm and serene feeling, to me, somehow.









Next up on the tour is the Jean-Michel Basquiat section of the museum! This is a big one too. The Broad had a large body of his work on display and it was very impressive! So check back soon for Basquiat and a lot more art!

No comments:

Post a Comment