Bsombin' Los Angeles

Bsombin' Los Angeles
Bsombin' Los Angeles

Monday, May 10, 2021

The Broad Museum (09/26/2019) - Part 4 Edward Ruscha

 Thanks for stopping' by to check out the blog! I've been sharing images from a trip I took to the Broad museum back in September of 2019. So far we went through the main section and 3 other smaller sections of the museum. And we've seen the work of Jeff Koons, Mark Bradford, Andy Warhol, Jasper Johns, Ellsworth Kelly, and Sam Francis.

In the fifth section of the museum we found work by Edward Ruscha. The work on display was focused no lettering and design. This is why I loved this section so much. I love typography, letter design, and calligraphy, because of my roots in graffiti. And I found this section to be very inspiring. I got stuck looking at Ruscha's painting Never Odd Or Even. It's the last painting featured in this post. The mountain in the painting looks perfectly symmetrical, at a glance. But if you look at it closely, you can see a lot of small details that make the two halves different. At the bottom, the words "Never Odd Or Even" are written in red. They are clearly written, but not obvious. Another feature of this painting that you have to look at for a while before you can see it. The painting plays with your eyes, somehow, and tripped me out a lot. It's another one of my favorite pieces from the Broad's collection. 












I could have kept staring at Never Odd Or Even for a good while longer, if I hadn't of realized that it was time to go back to see the Infinity room! I was really excited about this because it was my first time going in the Infinity room. I wasn't able to go in, the first time I went to the Broad. And I couldn't wait to get pictures of it! That's what we'll be checkin' out in the next post. So make sure to check back soon to see the Infinity rooms. And for more art, stories, and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment