Bsombin' Los Angeles

Bsombin' Los Angeles
Bsombin' Los Angeles

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Revisiting old spots with an old friend

Hi and thanks for checkin' out my blog. Over the years, in going out on my photo-adventures, I have found a lot of spots to shoot through out southern California. From running around on freeways to climbing up on to rooftops, these photo adventures have taken me high and low. From her beautiful sunny beaches to her grimy dark ghettos, I've been all over Los Angeles county and many of her surrounding counties shooting. My partner on many of these missions has been, my brotha-from-anotha-motha, Jefroe. He's actually been my partner on many other missions too...

We met through mutual friends, as teens, and got to know each other because of our mutual love for skateboarding. Later in life, we grew out of skating and got into graffiti together. We spent our twenties bombin' L.A. and raving all over the southland. We even started a crew, together, that made a lot of noise in the Los Angeles graff world. And, now, through out our thirties, we have found a mutual love for photography. I guess you could say we are birds of a feather. Lol. My doot and I have see one another through the good and bad, through the highs and the lows, and through so many of life's trials and tribulations. From my wedding to his grandma's funeral, we've shared a lot of good and bad times. I got a lot of love for my homie!

Last December, Jefroe hit me up and asked me if I wanted to get one more mission in before the end of 2014. My reply was, "I got a lot of new spots to show you dog!" So I geared up and headed over to Froe's. It was the first time in a good minute that we had gone out to shoot, and I wanted to take him back to some of the rooftops that I had found in previous months. The plan was to hit a rooftop spot in Hollywood then head out to downtown to shot off of a helipad I found my way up onto. After a quick dab session at the homie's pad, we hoped in the truck and rolled out for a night of lurking...














Thanks for checkin' out the blog, check back soon for more Los Angeles street photography and more Bsombin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment