Bsombin' Los Angeles

Bsombin' Los Angeles
Bsombin' Los Angeles

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Too little too late...

They say hind-sight is twenty-twenty... Can't argue there. I mean, if I could look back on things before doing them, I would be living the life I dream about already. Instead, I'm still working towards making that life a reality and realizing all my dreams. It can be frustrating looking back on our failures in order to learn and grow from them. But, I feel that without reflecting on our mistakes, we risk missing the complete lesson that life was teaching us and open the door to history repeating itself in our lives. Of all the things one should reflect upon, matters of the heart tend to be the most difficult and frustrating to look back on,  for me. But, none the less, it is often the only way we can look at the lessons in their entirety in order to keep from making the same mistakes twice. I find that poetry has made this process of growing through hind-sight a little less difficult for me. So I use poetry as both a way to express my emotions and means to reflect and develope as an artist & person. The following is a poem I wrote when I realized that I had lost the woman I loved...


"Forgive Me Love"

First a friend & 
Then a pleasure, 
All the while
A Jewel & a treasure
...Because of this,
In my heart,
For you,
Has grown,
A love without measure

You've helped me to 
Heal;
You've lead me to
Grow;
You made me want to feel &
Taught me so much that, otherwise,
I'd never know

Your beauty & love
Inspire me to shine
Because,
In you,
I see the perfect heart
To pair with mine
...& though, I was blind,
for such a long time, 
And so often stepped
So far out of line,
Now, I see that 
You are the one
I've longed for &
Was lead to by the
Divine

Please forgive me,
For all I've done wrong...
Instead,
Let me show you my
Love's extent
& give me the chance to 
Make, all I feel for you, evident


-Bsomb4

No comments:

Post a Comment